Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Prepare for your Oral Surgery Procedure
- You may NOT have anything to eat six to eight hours prior to your appointment.
- Drink a lot of water the day before your appointment and no caffeine or alcohol. You may have clear fluids up to two hours before your surgery time.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.This person will need to stay with the patient for 6 hours after surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves that does not tuck in and low-heeled shoes. We must be able to access your arm and waistline for blood pressure and heart rate monitoring. Bring a sweater, jacket or a small blanket for warmth.
- Nail polish, contact lenses, jewelry, valuables, and dentures must be removed before the time of surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, you are welcome to take the medication prior to surgery with a small amount of water. Excluding diuretics and hypoglycemic agents.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, or fever please notify the office.
Call Bryan Office Phone Number 419-636-4202 today to schedule your consult with Dr. Whittaker